What about high school and middle school students?
Our Students serve and/or attend service on Sunday mornings and we meet on Sunday evenings at 5:30-7pm. The primary location is Dartmouth Tower Apartment Complex behind Olive Garden off of Shaw ave in Clovis. We meet in their community room with food, fun, friends and a time to build their faith. From time-to-time we do other things in place of that time, so make sure you contact us (559-797-1065) to ask if we are meeting there the day you plan to attend or bring your student.
At Two Cities Church we care deeply about students. Most of our staff or volunteer staff have either led a student ministry or volunteered in student ministries before. We understand this critical age. As a parent you worry about the choices they make, the friends they have, and the environments they put themselves in. We want you to know that the best thing a student can do at this age is develop a sense of independence from the crowd and the best way we’ve found to do that is through consistent service.
When students feel responsible to be a role model, they are more responsible. When students see the faces of little kids light up as they enter the room, they realize their God-given worth. In fact, the stats show that most students graduate their faith when they graduate high school. But that statistic is drastically reduced when a student is consistently serving. That’s why we’ve created Student Impact. It’s a way for students to impact the lives of others and that’s the kind of thing that stays with them post-graduation.
Watch student impact volunteer, Jessica, express her faith in this baptism testimony video.
Watch student impact volunteer, Madison, express her faith in this baptism testimony video.
What about a youth group?
Our plan is to ultimately have incredible environments for students. It’s going to happen in stages. Here’s the plan:
- Stage 1: Build up the demand for a student ministry by reaching more students through our adult services and getting them connected in Student Impact. [Currently Doing This]
- Stage 2: Connect students relationally through monthly hang-out that they can connect with leaders through and bring their friends to. Connect those friends back into Student Impact. [Currently Doing This]
- Stage 3: Create a weekly environment for 7th-12th grade students called InsideOut. [Starts Feb 11, 2018 on Sunday evenings]
- Stage 4: Split that environment into two environments. One for 7th-8th students called Transit and one for 9th-12th students called InsideOut. [Future]
Both Transit and InsideOut will include rockin’ music, relevant teaching and small groups (by age and gender). We plan to accomplish our goal of leading students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating environments where:
- Students are excited to invite unchurched friends
- God’s truth is communicated in a relevant way
- Meaningful friendships lead to spiritual growth
Have questions? Contact us.